This blog post is all about the incredible health benefits of lemon juice. From helping to prevent kidney stones to soothing a sore throat, this amazing fruit should be a part of your daily regimen! Here are just a few benefits of lemon juice:
- Lemons and lemon juice can help aid in the digestion process, especially if you mix fresh lemon juice with warm water and drink it in the morning. Lemon juice can also help relive heartburn and bloating.
- Lemon juice is a source of vitamin C, which strengthens the immune system and prevents illness. The antibacterial property of fresh lemon juice works to fight any kind of infection in the throat area, such as sore throat or tonsillitis. A great home remedy for a sore throat is to gargle with fresh lemon juice mixed in warm water.
- Lemon is a fruit that contains flavonoids, a composite that has antioxidant and anti-cancer properties.
- Lemons may help to prevent diabetes, constipation, and high blood pressure.
- Lemons have also been found to be useful in skin care, fever, hair care, dental care, and many other health problems.
As you can see, there are so many benefits to making lemons a part of your day! I hope you’ll take advantage of all their natural healing properties.
Michael Lenz RPh, is a partner in Fallon Wellness Pharmacy of Saratoga. He has over 10 years of experience in custom compounding. He has received extensive training in Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) and Adrenal Fatigue. He is currently enrolled in the Institute of Functional Medicine’s Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner Program.